PDA

View Full Version : D.J. Swearinger WANTED to be drafted by Texans

AngryNateFTW
07-06-2013, 09:27 AM
On Texans Huddle last week when asked in an interview "When you were drafted, What did you think about Houston, and the Houston Texans?"

His response, "I thought about that that was the team that I wanted to be drafted to. Houston, Baltimore, or Jacksonville but Houston was the main team I wanted to be drafted to. They are a winning team, they have Ed Reed the best safety in the game and Danieal Manning one of the best safeties in the game also, and my chance to learn from them and be on one of the best teams."

I can honestly say i'm surprised. I know there are players that want to come to Houston but it's usually because they have a connection with Houston somehow.

Not sure why Jacksonville was in his top 3. :mcnugget:

EllisUnit
07-06-2013, 09:29 AM
On Texans Huddle last week when asked in an interview "When you were drafted, What did you think about Houston, and the Houston Texans?"

His response, "I thought about that that was the team that I wanted to be drafted to. Houston, Baltimore, or Jacksonville but Houston was the main team I wanted to be drafted to. They are a winning team, they have Ed Reed the best safety in the game and Danieal Manning one of the best safeties in the game also, and my chance to learn from them and be on one of the best teams."

I can honestly say i'm surprised. I know there are players that want to come to Houston but it's usually because they have a connection with Houston somehow.

Not sure why Jacksonville was in his top 3. :mcnugget:

Jacksonville was for the ocean front property, Baltimore was cause they just won the superbowl, and houston was because, well because we Kick Ass :)

DX-TEX
07-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Jacksonville was for the ocean front property, Baltimore was cause they just won the superbowl, and houston was because, well because we Kick Ass :)

I think Jacksonville was o his list because it is close to his home in SC. Baltimore because they are the defending champs and needed a safety after Reed left and Houston because he wanted to play with Reed.

Don't forget he was high school team mates with Sam Montgomery as well and friends in college with DeAndre. It came up roses for him on draft day.

Goodwrench3
07-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Jacksonville?? Damn!

False Start
07-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Jacksonville?? Damn!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-c9AGYwexLK8/UUdOM5lEiMI/AAAAAAAAGhM/xDEvopZgPJM/s1600/damndamndamnfloridaevans-vi.gif

amazing80
07-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Good for him, Charles Godfrey wanted to be a Texan and that didn't work out for him lol