PDA

View Full Version : Mercilus on NFL AM

The Pencil Neck
07-01-2013, 12:10 PM
I expected to already see a thread about this.

He's going to be on pretty soon. (7/1 @12:10)

The Pencil Neck
07-01-2013, 12:29 PM
It's hard to hear right now. There's a crane outside my window replacing my AC unit and I've got a portable AC running a few feet away from me and it's LOUD.

BUT.

He said he's much more comfortable this year. He knows more about what he needs to do. Last year, he was just trying to keep up and figure everything out.

His "welcome to the NFL moment" came around Week 4 when he was running down on kick-coverage and got blindsided and ended up on his ass.

He hasn't actually met Ed Reed, yet. But he's looking forward to it because he's a fan.

Cushing is one of the best blitzing LBs they had last year and losing him was tough. It will be good to get him back and the D should be better this year.

Sounded like he was talking about how hard it was to lose the last game the way the lost it.

He thinks JJ should have been higher than #5 in the top 100 and he's going to be a little disappointed if he's not on the list next year.

And that was all I could make out.

Brett
07-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Man, the one day I'm not at the network and he shows up...

Dawgnme
07-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Anybody find a link to his interview? Not on the mothership.

The Pencil Neck
07-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Anybody find a link to his interview? Not on the mothership.

With the NFLN stuff, you can usually find it at some point on houstontexans.com. I couldn't find the actual interview but later on, he was in their Man-2-Man segment. That WAS on ht.com.

Here's the link of Mercilus explaining Watt's skills. (http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/NFL-Network-Mercilus-explains-Watts-skills/39a0b111-afb5-430b-9b5d-a75771b4ec97)