PDA

View Full Version : Lestar Jean??????????????????????-

ASidd_1990
05-30-2013, 02:43 PM
I get tired of hearing about all of his potential. He needs to step up this year and establish himself as the solid #3 receiver - if not at least challenge for the #2.

Mr teX
05-30-2013, 03:01 PM
the guy couldn't even beat out an aging slow Walter or 2 inconsistent rookies...what more needs to be said?

Insideop
05-30-2013, 03:16 PM
Even if he hasn't improved from last year he'll probably still make the team due to Posey being out. I still haven't heard anything about how bad Posey's injury was and when he's coming back. If he tore his achilles bad enough he may never be the same, so we may be stuck with Jean for awhile. I'm hoping for a much better Jean and Martin this year.

infantrycak
05-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Even if he hasn't improved from last year he'll probably still make the team due to Posey being out. I still haven't heard anything about how bad Posey's injury was and when he's coming back. If he tore his achilles bad enough he may never be the same, so we may be stuck with Jean for awhile. I'm hoping for a much better Jean and Martin this year.

Why is Posey may never be back and Micahael Crabtree is back in about 6 months? People treat every Texans injury as if the player died.

Fili
05-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Why is Posey may never be back and Micahael Crabtree is back in about 6 months? People treat every Texans injury as if the player died.

Because Crabtree is good and the 49ers don't want anyone to panic.

thunderkyss
05-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Even if he hasn't improved from last year he'll probably still make the team due to Posey being out.

Andre
Hopkins
Posey
Martin
Bonner
Maehl....

It's funny, I look at the Texans' roster (http://www.nfl.com/teams/roster?d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&team=HOU&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=persons.primary_Position.id.position_Id) on NFL.com & at WR you have Aj with 11 years. The next closest guy is LeStar with 3. We've got 9 other guys on our roster, 2 guys with 2 years (Martin & Posey), Maehl with 1, & 6 guys with 0

EllisUnit
05-30-2013, 06:24 PM
the guy couldn't even beat out an aging slow Walter or 2 inconsistent rookies...what more needs to be said?

HAHA thats not saying anything since Kubiak is so loyal to his guys, we have all seen it time and time again with kubiak. Just because Walter was a head of him on the D.C means jack really !

eriadoc
05-30-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm going to ignore the 22 question marks and ask what the trailing hyphen is for.

DocBar
05-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Why is Posey may never be back and Micahael Crabtree is back in about 6 months? People treat every Texans injury as if the player died.That might have something to do with the Texans downplaying every injury and it taking much longer for a player to come back than was initially indicated. There have also been some odd injuries with Texans that were career ending.

Ryan
05-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Lestar Jean is a #4 receiver best case who can make a nice play once every few games. I'm not sure why everyone tries to believe he is something more.

Vance87
05-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Lestar Jean is a #4 receiver best case who can make a nice play once every few games. I'm not sure why everyone tries to believe he is something more.

Right. At this point we'd be lucky if he reached Jacoby's level. When Jacoby was a Texan. And before his playoff blunder. And now I'm mad again.

False Start
05-30-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm going to ignore the 22 question marks and ask what the trailing hyphen is for.

:heh: I was gonna say something along the same lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-

beerlover
05-30-2013, 09:20 PM
You have to be really good @ something specific to make Texan roster, WR no exception. Lestar needs to get more physical & engage in blocking schemes then open bigger windows for Matt to make it easier to target him.

Texn4life
05-30-2013, 09:24 PM
The guy was a UDFA who was basically playing in his rookie season last year. I'm not quite sure what people were really expecting from the guy.

beerlover
05-30-2013, 09:30 PM
The guy was a UDFA who was basically playing in his rookie season last year. I'm not quite sure what people were really expecting from the guy.

Take advantage of opportunity. Like Posey flashed before tearing ACL.

Texn4life
05-30-2013, 09:33 PM
Take advantage of opportunity. Like Posey flashed before tearing ACL.

Posey was drafted in the 3rd round and I expected him to make an impact. I can't really say I've ever had high expectations for Jean. There was hope that he would play well but I didn't expect him to.

HJam72
05-30-2013, 09:49 PM
I once had high expectations for Jean, but that was when I thought he was fast just because he looks fast. Now I just want Posey healthy, too see improvement from Martin, & hope for the best from Hopkins (obviously). I think Lestar is just what he is, which is pretty good for a UDFA, but nothing I'm going to worry about.

thunderkyss
05-30-2013, 10:17 PM
Honestly, I never thought much about LeStar Jean until I saw him last season in the regular season. I love his size, those long arms, big catch radius.... & the guy seems to have play making ability.

I want him to be a badd ass. I want him to be come off the bench & ready to contribute at any receiver position in a pinch. I want him to scare any WR ahead of him on the depth chart into being an absolute beast in order to keep their jobs.

But....... I buy lotto tickets pretty regular as well.

Brisco_County
05-31-2013, 01:20 AM
I would've given my opinion, but the title needed one more question mark.

tru80texan
05-31-2013, 11:44 PM
HAHA thats not saying anything since Kubiak is so loyal to his guys, we have all seen it time and time again with kubiak. Just because Walter was a head of him on the D.C means jack really !

Being stuck behind Kubiak's man crush Walter is one reason I feel Jean, as well as Martin & Posey for that matter, didn't get a real opportunity to show what they are capable of, but it seems that most seem to forget that Jean also suffered a knee injury & had torn cartilage repaired during the season 2012. That is not something that you instantly recover from & I'm sure it had to have had some effect on his play. Writting him off after being placed on IR for his entire rookie season & then playing thru a knee injury in his 2nd season while being stuck behind Walter the love child hardly seems like a true opportunity imo. Now that he is healthy, I think we may finally get to see what he is capable of & make an accurate judgement.

Wolf6151
06-01-2013, 03:02 AM
Fair or not, this should be a bubble year for Jean. He'll make the team due to the injury to Posey and our lack of depth at WR but if he doesn't step up next season then he needs to be given his walking papers and a Burger King job application.

76Texan
06-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Fair or not, this should be a bubble year for Jean. He'll make the team due to the injury to Posey and our lack of depth at WR but if he doesn't step up next season then he needs to be given his walking papers and a Burger King job application.

I don't think Jean is a lock to make the roster.
Lemon is a very capable receiver, even though he mainly played in the slot at Syracuse. He can afford the Texans to play Martin more on the outside to utilize his speed, giving AJ and Hopkins a breather now and then.

And then you have Andy Cruse who could be a sleeper.
He's got the size and the tenacity in blocking;
Just the kind of receiver that Kubiak likes in the mold of KW.

thunderkyss
06-01-2013, 12:10 PM
I don't think Jean is a lock to make the roster.

I wonder how many receivers we're going to carry. I'd like to get back to the days when we commonly used 3 receiver sets, throwing 4 & 5 out there every now & then.

Not a TE spread wide, or a RB in disguise, true 4 WR sets.

76Texan
06-01-2013, 12:24 PM
I wonder how many receivers we're going to carry. I'd like to get back to the days when we commonly used 3 receiver sets, throwing 4 & 5 out there every now & then.

Not a TE spread wide, or a RB in disguise, true 4 WR sets.

I don't think it works to Schaub's strength.

Some people may say that I'm obscene to even suggest the following, but a guy like Keenum can make it works better as he has a super quick release.
With 4 receivers, one of them needs to get open quickly, if only for just a short hair. You want a QB who can get the ball there in a flash.

Schaub, IMO, is better suited with TE(s) in the mix;
They may not be quite open, but they could have the size advantage.

thunderkyss
06-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Some people may say that I'm obscene to even suggest the following...

Not obscene... out of your fking mind.

But not obscene.

ObsiWan
06-01-2013, 03:59 PM
I don't think it works to Schaub's strength.

Some people may say that I'm obscene to even suggest the following, but a guy like Keenum can make it works better as he has a super quick release.
With 4 receivers, one of them needs to get open quickly, if only for just a short hair. You want a QB who can get the ball there in a flash.

Schaub, IMO, is better suited with TE(s) in the mix;
They may not be quite open, but they could have the size advantage.
Until Keenum shows he can recognize and read NFL defenses at Schaub's level that quick release is kind of a "so what". That day may be coming, but it ain't here yet. And yes, I know you didn't say it was.

...back to topic (before this devolves into another Schaub Sucks thread), is this Lestar's last year of practice squad eligibility? The roster posted at HT.com (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster.html) says this is his 2nd year. That sounds wrong. I thought this was his third year.

Ryan
06-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Until Keenum shows he can recognize and read NFL defenses at Schaub's level that quick release is kind of a "so what". That day may be coming, but it ain't here yet. And yes, I know you didn't say it was.

...back to topic (before this devolves into another Schaub Sucks thread), is this Lestar's last year of practice squad eligibility? The roster posted at HT.com (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster.html) says this is his 2nd year. That sounds wrong. I thought this was his third year.

Well he was IR'd his rookie season so i guess it gives him another year of eligibility. He was active for too many games last year i think though to make him eligible for the practice squad. If i'm not mistaken i think it's 8 games or more.

CloakNNNdagger
06-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Well he was IR'd his rookie season so i guess it gives him another year of eligibility. He was active for too many games last year i think though to make him eligible for the practice squad. If i'm not mistaken i think it's 8 games or more.

A player is eligible for the practice squad if they have not accrued a season of free agent eligibility according to the NFL's rules. In essence, a player has to have not been on a team's 46-man active game-day roster for more than eight games in any accrued seasons, and cannot have been on a practice squad for more than two years. A player may be placed on a team's practice squad a third time, but only so long as that team maintains 53-players on their active/inactive roster. If the team should drop below 53-players, the third year practice squad player will automatically be elevated to the main roster.

A player is considered to have served on the practice squad if he is on it for three regular season or postseason games during each of the first two years. In the third year, one game counts for practice squad participation.link (http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/9/1/3284421/nfl-practice-squad-salary-rules-player-eligibility)

badboy
06-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Lestar Jean is a #4 receiver best case who can make a nice play once every few games. I'm not sure why everyone tries to believe he is something more.size, speed and need = hope

AngryNateFTW
06-01-2013, 11:27 PM
I don't think Jean is a lock to make this roster and unless he proves something, he probably won't.

thunderkyss
06-02-2013, 11:31 AM
I don't think Jean is a lock to make this roster and unless he proves something, he probably won't.

His problem has been injury more than anything. This will be his third year. All he's got to do is stay healthy.

The Pencil Neck
06-02-2013, 11:58 AM

He has completed 2 years. He's going into his third year.

He was active for 14 games last season, I think. And that means he's no longer PS eligible.

CloakNNNdagger
06-02-2013, 12:49 PM
It's interesting to see these comments that Jean was generating this exact same time last year:

http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=285480

thunderkyss
06-02-2013, 01:32 PM
It's interesting to see these comments that Jean was generating this exact same time last year:

http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=285480

In all honesty, I don't feel any different. Though my opinion isn't based on OTAs or pre season. I'm only going by what I saw during the regular season. I think I saw someone with the tools to be a very productive receiver in this league.

Good speed, good hands, big catch radius, & play making ability.

I think he couldn't get on the field for the same reason we went into turtle mode everytime we were up by three or more points.

There's a lot of pressure on Kubiak & he's feeling it. Every win is so precious that our guys were playing tight, in December, because of it. They never were able to loosen up.

So Kubiak went with what he thought was a sure thing in KDub & not your potential play makers in Jacoby Jones (who they cut (which I'm fine with, just not cutting Jj in favor of KDub) & LeStar Jean.

Had they put that kind of trust in Jacoby, or LeStar I think we'd have had a much better year. They make mistakes, I'm not going to lie or try to make you believe otherwise. But you've got to let them play through those mistakes to reap the rewards.

There wasn't going to be any rewards with Walter.

Funny though. That was one of the things I liked about Kubiak. Back in 2006, I thought he got fed up with Carr because he was so conservative he didn't give Andre or OD an opportunity to make a big play. I liked that Kubiak allowed Sage to sling it, mistake or no & try to make up for it on the back end.

We just didn't have a team capable of making up for those mistakes.

Now we do & he won't unleash them.

The Pencil Neck
06-02-2013, 02:33 PM
I think he couldn't get on the field for the same reason we went into turtle mode everytime we were up by three or more points.

There's one BIG problem with your statement here. You're assuming he wasn't on the field.

He WAS on the field last year. But for one reason or another (and I don't think it's the play call), he didn't get the ball thrown to him. I don't know if he wasn't open or if he wasn't consistently in the right places so that Schaub didn't trust him to be there or what, but I remember seeing him on the field quite a bit last year.

ObsiWan
06-02-2013, 03:01 PM
I think Jean has missed his window to break into the starting line up. In OTAs and T/C prior to the 2012 season, Walter was his only real comp. Yes, Posey and K.Martin had been drafted but he had a year in our system under his belt and they were rooks trying to learn.

Now K. Martin has that year of experience so that edge is gone. We all know that #2 is Hopkins' to lose, and from the early returns he won't. I don't think we'll carry more than 4 WRs unless one of them excels on special teams. The current roster at HT.com shows ten guys in the WR position. At the risk of stating the obvious, the #1 spot is unquestionably nailed down and the #2 spot is 90% a given at this point. Eight guys for the last two spots. Going by what I've heard from our on-the-spot bloggers, I'd give Bonner the edge for #3. So Jean has to beat out K. Martin, J. Maehl, and all the rest to earn that spot. If Posey was here and healthy, I doubt Jean would have a chance.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see Jean sticking.

But, OTOH, there's still T/C and preseason. So there's time to move up the depth chart. But the competition is much tougher than it was last year this time and much, much tougher than when he got here.

thunderkyss
06-02-2013, 03:15 PM
I don't think we'll carry more than 4 WRs unless one of them excels on special teams. The current roster at HT.com shows ten guys in the WR position.

For some reason I was thinking we'd keep 6

Andre
DeAndre
Devier
Keyshawn
LeStar
Bonner

The Pencil Neck
06-02-2013, 03:20 PM
I think Jean has missed his window to break into the starting line up. In OTAs and T/C prior to the 2012 season, Walter was his only real comp. Yes, Posey and K.Martin had been drafted but he had a year in our system under his belt and they were rooks trying to learn.

Now K. Martin has that year of experience so that edge is gone. We all know that #2 is Hopkins' to lose, and from the early returns he won't. I don't think we'll carry more than 4 WRs unless one of them excels on special teams. The current roster at HT.com shows ten guys in the WR position. At the risk of stating the obvious, the #1 spot is unquestionably nailed down and the #2 spot is 90% a given at this point. Eight guys for the last two spots. Going by what I've heard from our on-the-spot bloggers, I'd give Bonner the edge for #3. So Jean has to beat out K. Martin, J. Maehl, and all the rest to earn that spot. If Posey was here and healthy, I doubt Jean would have a chance.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see Jean sticking.

But, OTOH, there's still T/C and preseason. So there's time to move up the depth chart. But the competition is much tougher than it was last year this time and much, much tougher than when he got here.

^^^ This is very close to what I feel. MSR.

I think we'll probably carry 5 instead of 4 but other than that and the fact that I think Martin is ahead of Bonner. Yeah.

1 - Andre
2 - Deandre
3 - Martin -- "the" slot guy
4 - Bonner -- all-purpose guy who could have a big future
5 - A ST player who would be Posey if he wasn't injured.

And then the guys with PS eligibility.

So I give Jean slightly more of a shot than you because I have that 5th slot and I think he does/has played gunner on ST. If we go with 4, I don't see any way he makes the team but even then, when Posey comes back, Jean is done.

Jean was a guy we had hopes for but at least at this point, he doesn't look like he's been able to cut it.

infantrycak
06-02-2013, 03:25 PM
I don't think we'll carry more than 4 WRs unless one of them excels on special teams.

For some reason I was thinking we'd keep 6

The last two years we have carried 5 occasionally bumping to 6.

ObsiWan
06-02-2013, 03:35 PM
The reason I said 4 is that we very seldom go with 5 WR sets. Our 5-wideout sets tend to be 3 WRs, 1 TE, & 1 RB or 4 WRs and 1 TE or 1 RB.

But Cak is right, we carried 5 last year and the year before. So maybe 5 is the number this year too.

I know this has been explained before, but one more time for us memory challenged folk.... Posey will likely start the year on the PUP list right? So does that give us another spot until he returns? I mean, we'll have the 53-man roster + the PUP guy... right?

HJam72
06-02-2013, 03:46 PM
If we want to really round out the receivers, we need a Dre and an Andreo.

The Pencil Neck
06-02-2013, 03:48 PM
The reason I said 4 is that we very seldom go with 5 WR sets. Our 5-wideout sets tend to be 3 WRs, 1 TE, & 1 RB or 4 WRs and 1 TE.

But Cak is right, we carried 5 last year and the year before. So maybe 5 is the number this year too.

I know this has been explained before, but one more time for us memory challenged folk.... Posey will likely start the year on the PUP list right? So does that give us another spot until he returns? I mean, we'll have the 53-man roster + the PUP guy... right?

You can PUP as many guys as you want but you have to specify them, I believe, before Training Camp starts. They have to start Training Camp on PUP. If they come off PUP before the season starts, they can't be put back on PUP. They can't practice with the team but they can work with the doctors and trainers on rehabbing their injury.

If they're on PUP when the season starts, then they're off the table for several weeks (can't remember offhand how many, I think it's 6 weeks) and then they have a couple of weeks to bring that player back and get him up to speed or put him on IR. At that point (assuming you don't put him on IR), he becomes one of the 53 and you have to drop someone. They do not count against the roster until that point.

So Posey should be named PUP going into TC. Then he should be named PUP going into the season. And then we will see if he's ready when his PUP time is used up.

If we put him on IR, he doesn't count against the 53 but all he can do is work with the doctors and trainers on rehab. We COULD put him on IR with the possibility of coming back later. That way, he doesn't count against the 53, he doesn't have to start off on PUP, and he could come back at any time. BUT... you can only do bring back 1 IR'd player, iirc. So we should save that for a player who goes down during the season that we think we can get back for the playoffs.

CloakNNNdagger
06-02-2013, 04:31 PM
You can PUP as many guys as you want but you have to specify them, I believe, before Training Camp starts. They have to start Training Camp on PUP. If they come off PUP before the season starts, they can't be put back on PUP. They can't practice with the team but they can work with the doctors and trainers on rehabbing their injury.

If they're on PUP when the season starts, then they're off the table for several weeks (can't remember offhand how many, I think it's 6 weeks) and then they have a couple of weeks to bring that player back and get him up to speed or put him on IR. At that point (assuming you don't put him on IR), he becomes one of the 53 and you have to drop someone. They do not count against the roster until that point.

So Posey should be named PUP going into TC. Then he should be named PUP going into the season. And then we will see if he's ready when his PUP time is used up.

If we put him on IR, he doesn't count against the 53 but all he can do is work with the doctors and trainers on rehab. We COULD put him on IR with the possibility of coming back later. That way, he doesn't count against the 53, he doesn't have to start off on PUP, and he could come back at any time. BUT... you can only do bring back 1 IR'd player, iirc. So we should save that for a player who goes down during the season that we think we can get back for the playoffs.

You are correct. It would be unwise to use up this valuable option except when one of our more experience-proven "invaluable" players go down DURING the season.

thunderkyss
06-02-2013, 04:39 PM
The reason I said 4 is that we very seldom go with 5 WR sets. Our 5-wideout sets tend to be 3 WRs, 1 TE, & 1 RB or 4 WRs and 1 TE or 1 RB.

I think if we get our OL back to 5 plus 2, the starting 5, a swing tackle, a guard/center backup...... then we can go to 6 WRs & 4 TEs. That will help out our special teams tremendously... I think.

I also haven't heard anything official to suggest Posey will be on the PUP list. I think it's 50/50

ObsiWan
06-02-2013, 04:45 PM
I think if we get our OL back to 5 plus 2, the starting 5, a swing tackle, a guard/center backup...... then we can go to 6 WRs & 4 TEs. That will help out our special teams tremendously... I think.

I also haven't heard anything official to suggest Posey will be on the PUP list. I think it's 50/50

Speaking of which, what IS the story on Posey and what's the projected schedule for return?
How's his rehab going?
Is he here or rehab-ing elsewhere?
I don't recall hearing anything other than he had surgery... Bring a brother up to speed, pleeze

CloakNNNdagger
06-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Speaking of which, what IS the story on Posey and what's the projected schedule for return?
How's his rehab going?
I don't recall hearing anything other than he had surgery... Bring a brother up to speed, pleeze

Brother ObsiWan,:D

I would not have high hopes for him avoiding reserve PUP. He had his ruptured Achilles repaired on Jan 19 (along with a finger fracture he had been playing with). With all the time he missed last year (not to mention before we drafted him) plus this set back plus it takes time to become game ready...........plus the fact that he will definitely have significant performance deficit for at least the first half of the season, if not longer or permanently, don't expect him not to be placed on reserve PUP going into the season. And don't be shocked not to see him back at all this year, or if he does return, he has little impact since PUP doesn't allow practice with the team.

thunderkyss
06-02-2013, 05:17 PM

I would not have high hopes for him avoiding reserve PUP. He had his ruptured Achilles repaired on Jan 19 (along with a finger fracture he had been playing with). With all the time he missed last year (not to mention before we drafted him) plus this set back plus it takes time to become game ready...........plus the fact that he will definitely have significant performance deficit for at least the first half of the season, if not longer or permanently, don't expect him not to be placed on reserve PUP going into the season. And don't be shocked not to see him back at all this year, or if he does return, he has little impact since PUP doesn't allow practice with the team.

Have you spoken to Infantrycak about this?

No reason to go all, "Worse case scenario" here.

ChampionTexan
06-02-2013, 05:34 PM

I would not have high hopes for him avoiding reserve PUP. He had his ruptured Achilles repaired on Jan 19 (along with a finger fracture he had been playing with). With all the time he missed last year (not to mention before we drafted him) plus this set back plus it takes time to become game ready...........

Doc - how much time did he miss last season? He was active for 13 of 18 games, and I'm not sure that any of the 5 he wasn't active for were injury related (three of them were the first three games of the season). He was injured in the last game of the season, so until OTA's, the achilles didn't cost him a minute of practice time. I'm just not sure whether the idea that he missed a bunch of practice time in 2012 is accurate.

Also, his last year at Ohio State (The year he was suspended almost the entire time) - while he was suspended from playing, he wasn't suspended from practice, and he did spend the whole season practicing with the team. So while he wasn't playing in games - up until the very end of the season - he did practice the entire season.

I'm not saying he won't end up on reserve PUP - I think it's extremely likely he will (and I wouldn't be shocked to see him go from there to IR). I'm just not sure that part of your post is accurate.

CloakNNNdagger
06-02-2013, 05:35 PM

Don't use Suggs as an example to base opinion. First of all, Posey felt a big pop and suffered a complete Achilles rupture. Suggs as it turns out had a small tear and was repaired with minimal invasive approach. When Suggs first returned, he had one decent showing..........against us. After that performance was not impressive..........and he is a wiley vet.

Coincidentally:

Suggs tells Crabtree to take his time with Achilles (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/30/suggs-tells-crabtree-to-take-his-time-with-achilles/)

Posted by Darin Gantt on May 30, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT

While expecting 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree to miss the season because of last week’s torn Achilles seems the conventional wisdom, some point to Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs’ comeback a year ago from the same injury as a reason for hope.

But Suggs said it’s hard to compare injuries, and pointed out that even though he was on the field the end of last season, he was far from himself.

“I was still effective against the run because you can play the run with your legs and your arms,” Suggs told Clark Judge of CBSSports.com. “But as far as pass rushing, you need a tremendous amount of explosion, and I didn’t have that right off the bat for a large portion of the season. . . .

“I can’t tell you for sure what [Crabtree] should expect when he comes back because it’s different for players at different positions. For me, my explosion didn’t really get there until the end of the season. So, my guess is that he wouldn’t be Michael Crabtree right off the bat.”

Suggs said the hardest part of preparing himself for those early stages of the recovery was literally doing nothing. Athletes are conditioned to work, and not pushing himself too fast is crucial with such an injury.

“The first two-and-a-half to three months he’s going to have to be patient and content within himself,” Suggs said. “Because he can’t move. My doctor told me, ‘You’ve got to give me three months, . . . just three months, . . . of lying down and not doing anything. No hobbling around on it, nothing like that. You can’t move. Nothing.’ So he shouldn’t try to lift his upper body.

Explosiveness as a WR will be the ultimate key to Posey's success or failure.

ObsiWan
06-02-2013, 05:41 PM

Thanks Dr. J. The debrief is much appreciated even if it isn't great news.

You ain't foolin' nobody... I'd rather have some idea what worse case might look like to get my mindset right. I'd bet YOUR paycheck :D you would too.

And if DP beats the odds somehow and comes back to contribute saaay during Nov/Dec/Jan then that's gravy.

CloakNNNdagger
06-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Doc - how much time did he miss last season? He was active for 13 of 18 games, and I'm not sure that any of the 5 he wasn't active for were injury related (three of them were the first three games of the season). He was injured in the last game of the season, so until OTA's, the achilles didn't cost him a minute of practice time. I'm just not sure whether the idea that he missed a bunch of practice time in 2012 is accurate.

Also, his last year at Ohio State (The year he was suspended almost the entire time) - while he was suspended from playing, he wasn't suspended from practice, and he did spend the whole season practicing with the team. So while he wasn't playing in games - up until the very end of the season - he did practice the entire season.

I'm not saying he won't end up on reserve PUP - I think it's extremely likely he will (and I wouldn't be shocked to see him go from there to IR). I'm just not sure that part of your post is accurate.

Kubiak made several statements about Posey's need to catch up from his college experience:

Kubiak said of Posey: “He has a lot of talent, a lot of ability. You could tell in OTAs and stuff that he had missed a lot of football, but I see him catching up.Chronicle (http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/07/gark-kubiak-has-praise-for-some-criticism-for-others/)

Looking at his stats last year, I would have to say that he did not have very plentiful game play time. Near the end of the season (week 12), he was inactive and thereafter dogged for several more games all with hamstring and knee problems.

infantrycak
06-02-2013, 06:04 PM

Don't use Suggs as an example to base opinion.

I made no prediction, rather asked a question and referenced Crabtree. Crabtree injured his 4 months after Posey, they are both WR's and folks are talking 6 months for him. In any event, I have always expected Posey to start on PUP.

thunderkyss
06-02-2013, 06:33 PM
I made no prediction, rather asked a question and referenced Crabtree. Crabtree injured his 4 months after Posey, they are both WR's and folks are talking 6 months for him. In any event, I have always expected Posey to start on PUP.

Didn't say you made a prediction whatsoever.

I thought your point was there's a good & bad scenario & personally I'd like to talk about the good & bad, at least until the good's been ruled out.

For instance, in the BrennanWilliams' thread. CnD stated if Williams is not available for mini-camp, then that means his injury was more severe than the Texans are letting on.

CloakNNNdagger
06-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Didn't say you made a prediction whatsoever.

I thought your point was there's a good & bad scenario & personally I'd like to talk about the good & bad, at least until the good's been ruled out.

For instance, in the BrennanWilliams' thread. CnD stated if Williams is not available for mini-camp, then that means his injury was more severe than the Texans are letting on.

There can always be that very exceptional scenario, but the last thing you want is to bring someone with an Achilles back too soon and find that you need to put him on IR. Realistically, coming back and having some semblance of decent contribution at the second half of the season or playoffs if we make it, would be considered a very good scenario.

paycheck71
06-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Fwiw

mark berman @markbermanfox26
texans receiver devier posey, on the bounce back from a torn achilles: "i should be on the field next week doing drills."

mark berman @markbermanfox26
texans devier posey, on return from torn achilles to game action: "end of september or october. "i think i'm as far along as i can be."

paycheck71
06-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Not sure why everything got lower cased...

Blake
06-03-2013, 05:29 PM
How's his rehab going?

Without any setbacks like infection, I think they will put him on PUP for the first half of the season and activate him for the 2nd half.

badboy
06-27-2013, 01:06 PM
On local Fox network last night June 27th, Kubiak stated Jean and Martin were among players the most improved over last season. Man, I like Lestar's size & speed if he could just develop into an everyday player our WRs corps could be great.

drs23
06-27-2013, 04:59 PM
On local Fox network last night June 27th, Kubiak stated Jean and Martin were among players the most improved over last season. Man, I like Lestar's size & speed if he could just develop into an everyday player our WRs corps could be great.

Agreed.

Jean has flashed playmaker ability but like Kubes says, he needs to show consistency. If he can, I agree, look out! This WR corps could be exciting!

Norg
06-27-2013, 06:06 PM
aww I gave up dis guy he prob wont even make the team we are pretty stacked now in terms of WR

badboy
06-27-2013, 06:23 PM
aww I gave up dis guy he prob wont even make the team we are pretty stacked now in terms of WRWe are stacked with question marks that could go either way.

76Texan
06-27-2013, 06:41 PM

This is one of the things I've mentioned.

If these two step up, if all the other weapons remain healthy, if the Texans get a 2-score lead early, and if the D plays as well as they did with Cushing, Hopkins may not see as much target as many of the posters here hope for.

EllisUnit
06-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Agreed.

Jean has flashed playmaker ability but like Kubes says, he needs to show consistency. If he can, I agree, look out! This WR corps could be exciting!

the majority of his snaps were rushing plays, its not like he had so many chances to shine. If they would of given him one full game as the #2 WR we could have a better idea, but K.W so was so "good" last season i can see why they didnt haha.

badboy
06-27-2013, 06:58 PM
the majority of his snaps were rushing plays, its not like he had so many chances to shine. If they would of given him one full game as the #2 WR we could have a better idea, but K.W so was so "good" last season i can see why they didnt haha.My concern is the targets he did get and did not catch.

CharloTex
06-29-2013, 01:32 PM
My concern is the targets he did get and did not catch.

I don't remember any except maybe one or two dropped balls. If you're talking about mis-thrown balls in his direction, which also could have been badly run routes, maybe there's more, but I just don't remember a lot of missed opportunities with LJ. I think he was under-utilized. Is that his fault? Maybe.

EllisUnit
06-29-2013, 02:50 PM
I don't remember any except maybe one or two dropped balls. If you're talking about mis-thrown balls in his direction, which also could have been badly run routes, maybe there's more, but I just don't remember a lot of missed opportunities with LJ. I think he was under-utilized. Is that his fault? Maybe.

Yeah same here, i remeber the one TD that he had in the endzone until he hit the ground, so it was a no TD, but other than that i dont remember any if any drops. I like his potential and like what i see when he is in there, its just he isnt in there very much and when he is it is usually as a blocker. Give him a full gave as the #2 and i think we would hear a different tune.

badboy
06-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Lestar Jean caught two passes for 31 yards in Monday night's Week 14 loss to the Patriots.
Jean was targeted five times on the night and seems to have bypassed struggling rookie Keshawn Martin as the team's No. 3 receiver. Jean possesses good size and runs like the wind, but he has unreliable hands. It showed on the opening drive, as he dropped his first target down the right sideline. Jean has six catches on the season.

2 for 5? One game only I know & he looked good on the 54 yard TD in week 13 but he really needs to excel. If he caught pretty much everything thrown at him as indicated above, why was he not targeted more?

and: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 17:59:33 -0700

The Houston Texans want to have more reliable targets outside of WR Andre Johnson in the receiving game. Last season, WR Lestar Jean hauled in 50 percent of his targets for catches, while WR DeVier Posey (Achilles') racked up catches on 43 percent of his targets. WR Keshawn Martin managed to catch just 36 percent of his targets.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/24757/nfl/lestar-jean#ixzz2Xdh2sQYH

thunderkyss
06-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Lestar Jean caught two passes for 31 yards in Monday night's Week 14 loss to the Patriots.
Jean was targeted five times on the night and seems to have bypassed struggling rookie Keshawn Martin as the team's No. 3 receiver. Jean possesses good size and runs like the wind, but he has unreliable hands. It showed on the opening drive, as he dropped his first target down the right sideline. Jean has six catches on the season.

2 for 5? One game only I know & he looked good on the 54 yard TD in week 13 but he really needs to excel. If he caught pretty much everything thrown at him as indicated above, why was he not targeted more?

and: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 17:59:33 -0700

The Houston Texans want to have more reliable targets outside of WR Andre Johnson in the receiving game. Last season, WR Lestar Jean hauled in 50 percent of his targets for catches, while WR DeVier Posey (Achilles') racked up catches on 43 percent of his targets. WR Keshawn Martin managed to catch just 36 percent of his targets.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/24757/nfl/lestar-jean#ixzz2Xdh2sQYH

Look at that. Much easier to read. Easier to see what are your words & what's not.

BullBlitz
06-29-2013, 04:33 PM
We are stacked with question marks that could go either way.

Agree. Not just at WR either.

EllisUnit
07-01-2013, 04:50 AM
Well we all know Schaub is a world class QB and i imagine all his throws are just perfect haha. AJ is a beast and even made Carr look good half the time, and we all know the type of QB he was. My point is just cause you are "targeted" doesnt mean it was actually a good throw. I think that word doenst tell the whole story.

For instance Calvin Johnson was "targeted 413 times, only 258 of which were catchable.

And when he does make a play it is usually a big one. His AVG was 25.2 yds per reception.

DocBar
07-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Well we all know Schaub is a world class QB and i imagine all his throws are just perfect haha. AJ is a beast and even made Carr look good half the time, and we all know the type of QB he was. My point is just cause you are "targeted" doesnt mean it was actually a good throw. I think that word doenst tell the whole story.

For instance Calvin Johnson was "targeted 413 times, only 258 of which were catchable.
And when he does make a play it is usually a big one. His AVG was 25.2 yds per reception. I'm of the opinion that "catchable" is a pretty subjective stat to throw out there. By that I mean that out of a group of 10 judges, there could be 10 different opinions on if a ball was catchable and why or why it wasn't catchable. It can be very biased as to the opinion of the judge on the QB and receiver. Kinda reminds me of how official scorers judge an error in baseball.

I do agree that "targets" and catches don't tell the whole story, though. I'm not sure of the best way to judge it, though.

badboy
07-02-2013, 09:19 AM
We agree on targets but 50%? We are not talking about throws thrown 10 feet out of reach that he should have "caught". One of the reasons AJ had such a heavy load is he was only one Matt could trust.

Rey
07-02-2013, 09:38 AM
This is one of the things I've mentioned.
If these two step up, if all the other weapons remain healthy, if the Texans get a 2-score lead early, and if the D plays as well as they did with Cushing, Hopkins may not see as much target as many of the posters here hope for.

If, If, If, If....

You just named 4 if's....

eriadoc
07-02-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm of the opinion that "catchable" is a pretty subjective stat to throw out there. By that I mean that out of a group of 10 judges, there could be 10 different opinions on if a ball was catchable and why or why it wasn't catchable. It can be very biased as to the opinion of the judge on the QB and receiver. Kinda reminds me of how official scorers judge an error in baseball.

I do agree that "targets" and catches don't tell the whole story, though. I'm not sure of the best way to judge it, though.

Percentage of targets caught and percentage of drops is probably the best way, but even then you have to account for offensive style. A team that goes deep more frequently is going to have a lower percentage of catches (not necessarily drops) than a team that uses short crossing patterns and the like.

DX-TEX
07-02-2013, 11:30 AM
If, If, If, If....

If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

thunderkyss
07-02-2013, 12:36 PM
If, If, If, If....

Tomorrow is promised to no one.

welsh texan
07-02-2013, 12:43 PM
If, If, If, If....

Show me a projection for the future that doesn't rely of 'if'?? Really odd point to make.

Rey
07-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Show me a projection for the future that doesn't rely of 'if'?? Really odd point to make.

If you make projections by using multiple 'if's' then your projection isn't a projection. It's a shot in the dark.

Wth are you talking about? I didn't point out a statement that had one 'if' in it...

EllisUnit
07-02-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm of the opinion that "catchable" is a pretty subjective stat to throw out there. By that I mean that out of a group of 10 judges, there could be 10 different opinions on if a ball was catchable and why or why it wasn't catchable. It can be very biased as to the opinion of the judge on the QB and receiver. Kinda reminds me of how official scorers judge an error in baseball.

There is no way to judge it, It is really all in the opinion of whoever does these stats i guess.

infantrycak
07-02-2013, 06:07 PM
There is no way to judge it, It is really all in the opinion of whoever does these stats i guess.

Not really particularly to you but you can try to carve a stat toothpick but at some point it becomes obvious. Our rookie WR's last year caught 41.5% of balls thrown to them. Same QB as everyone else on the team, same system. Look around the league and that is pathetic no matter the system. Small dead hands Jacoby Jones in a downfield role reeled in 55% of targets. Stop this backwards ass way of trying to blame Schaub. Our rookies underperformed. Let's hope they step up this year. They certainly have room to do so.

EllisUnit
07-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Not really particularly to you but you can try to carve a stat toothpick but at some point it becomes obvious. Our rookie WR's last year caught 41.5% of balls thrown to them. Same QB as everyone else on the team, same system. Look around the league and that is pathetic no matter the system. Small dead hands Jacoby Jones in a downfield role reeled in 55% of targets. Stop this backwards ass way of trying to blame Schaub. Our rookies underperformed. Let's hope they step up this year. They certainly have room to do so.

but u can not deny that even AJ catches passes that have no business being caught. Schaubs worst season i have ever seen was last season, his throws were everywhere, if a ball is way to high and a WR jumps as high as he can and gets one finger on it, that is considered catchable. If a ball is thrown out of bounds and a WR has no chance of getting 2 feet in but he gets 1 toe in that is considered catchable.

thunderkyss
07-02-2013, 08:50 PM

Not that you were saying any different, but all our receivers underperformed except AJ. Our TEs, our RBs...... all of them caught less passes thrown at them this year than any other year.

If I remember TCs stats correctly.

thunderkyss
07-02-2013, 08:54 PM
but u can not deny that even AJ catches passes that have no business being caught. Schaubs worst season i have ever seen was last season, his throws were everywhere, if a ball is way to high and a WR jumps as high as he can and gets one finger on it, that is considered catchable. If a ball is thrown out of bounds and a WR has no chance of getting 2 feet in but he gets 1 toe in that is considered catchable.

& if the ball hits the receiver in the hands & it bounces to a defender it's called an INT & counted against the QB.

Or if the ball goes through a receiver's hands ala James Casey in the endzone it's called an incompletion, again counted against the QB.

It all washes in the end. Every receiver in the league makes catches they have no business catching. That's why they get paid so much.

EllisUnit
07-03-2013, 06:01 PM
& if the ball hits the receiver in the hands & it bounces to a defender it's called an INT & counted against the QB.

Or if the ball goes through a receiver's hands ala James Casey in the endzone it's called an incompletion, again counted against the QB.

It all washes in the end. Every receiver in the league makes catches they have no business catching. That's why they get paid so much.

to counter thats why QBs get paid so much....

thunderkyss
07-03-2013, 10:14 PM
to counter thats why QBs get paid so much....

QBs get paid to give them a chance.

Norg
07-04-2013, 03:06 AM
he wil deff be competing with Alan Bonner two rookies and Jeff mahel

plus I don't know how WR's will be on the active roster

ANdre
Hopkins
Martin
posey

tho they might just put posey on IR for the hole year

EllisUnit
07-04-2013, 09:04 AM
QBs get paid to give them a chance.

HAHA i dont agree with that, everyone has a job. A QB gets paid to put the ball in the WRs/TE/HBs #s. Thats an awful lot of money to pay someone just to throw the ball up giving all the other guys a "chance" to catch it.

I mean a Left Tackle is still accused of allowing a sack regardless of how long the QB held the ball. This is a team sport, this is why every stat relates to something someone else does or dont do.

A QB throws a dump off to the HB, throwing the ball 2 yards, the HB then breaks off an 85 yard TD run. Well the QB recieves 83 MORE yards to his passing total although he only threw it 2 yards, then the HB ran the other 83. Thats why this is called a team sport, so dont make it sound as if NFL QBs are treated so unfairly haha.

thunderkyss
07-04-2013, 09:54 AM
NFL QBs are treated so unfairly haha.

What part of "it washes in the end" makes you think I believe QBs are treated unfairly?

If it were a QB & a Receiver, I'd expect the ball perfectly placed every time. But since you have people trying to prevent the QB from throwing the ball & DBs trying to prevent the receivers from catching the ball, you can't expect every throw to be on the money.

That doesn't mean every throw is just up for grabs either.

badboy
07-04-2013, 11:51 AM
HAHA i dont agree with that, everyone has a job. A QB gets paid to put the ball in the WRs/TE/HBs #s. Thats an awful lot of money to pay someone just to throw the ball up giving all the other guys a "chance" to catch it.

I mean a Left Tackle is still accused of allowing a sack regardless of how long the QB held the ball. This is a team sport, this is why every stat relates to something someone else does or dont do.

A QB throws a dump off to the HB, throwing the ball 2 yards, the HB then breaks off an 85 yard TD run. Well the QB recieves 83 MORE yards to his passing total although he only threw it 2 yards, then the HB ran the other 83. Thats why this is called a team sport, so dont make it sound as if NFL QBs are treated so unfairly haha.I think this is because the 83 were a result of the play initiated by the QB. Seems unfair, I agree but the Rb would not get anything if QB had not dumped to him. I am pretty sure that if an RB took a short pass & then got chased behind the LOS losing 10 yards that impacts the QB.

thunderkyss
07-04-2013, 02:39 PM
I think this is because the 83 were a result of the play initiated by the QB. Seems unfair, I agree but the Rb would not get anything if QB had not dumped to him. I am pretty sure that if an RB took a short pass & then got chased behind the LOS losing 10 yards that impacts the QB.

I think it's Schaub's fault that Andre's TD totals do not reflect his greatness because Schaub likes to underthrow wide open receivers.

If I'm going to blame Schaub for that, I'll give him credit when James Casey catches a throw back across the field & takes it 70+ yards for a TD.

EllisUnit
07-05-2013, 02:35 PM
What part of "it washes in the end" makes you think I believe QBs are treated unfairly?

If it were a QB & a Receiver, I'd expect the ball perfectly placed every time. But since you have people trying to prevent the QB from throwing the ball & DBs trying to prevent the receivers from catching the ball, you can't expect every throw to be on the money.

That doesn't mean every throw is just up for grabs either.

Yeah i agree but come on how many times have we seen schaub overthrow cough cough, under throw wide open guys ?

thunderkyss
07-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Yeah i agree but come on how many times have we seen schaub overthrow cough cough, under throw wide open guys ?

It took me a while to come to terms with underthrowing those wide open receivers, but if you listen to what Matt says and reconcile it with the numbers... maybe he's got a point. He says it gives the receivers a better opportunity to make a play on the ball. Like we saw in 2012, it also gives the defender the ability to make a play on the ball. But his completion percentage in throws over 20 yards, over 30 yards, over 40 yards are right there with "the best" in the league.

Had Joe Flacco put that ball in front of Jacoby, is it more or less likely that Jacoby catches that ball?

EllisUnit
07-06-2013, 08:24 AM
It took me a while to come to terms with underthrowing those wide open receivers, but if you listen to what Matt says and reconcile it with the numbers... maybe he's got a point. He says it gives the receivers a better opportunity to make a play on the ball. Like we saw in 2012, it also gives the defender the ability to make a play on the ball. But his completion percentage in throws over 20 yards, over 30 yards, over 40 yards are right there with "the best" in the league.

Had Joe Flacco put that ball in front of Jacoby, is it more or less likely that Jacoby catches that ball?

Schaub can justify his noodle arm which ever way he likes. I'm sorry but if your WR has beaten the CB for a 6 yard advantage then an underthrow doesnt help. If a CB is running stride for stride with the WR and it is underthrown sorry but that doesnt help. IF the CB some how is physic and is in fron of the WR cause he knows his every move then yes in that instance an under throw would help.

And again i said AJ even made Carr look good, i gurantee that your stat of over 20, 30 and 40 yard completions is 80 to 90% all passes to AJ. So it all goes back to what i was saying about Andre The Great making even less than worthy QBs look "ok".

thunderkyss
07-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Schaub can justify his noodle arm which ever way he likes.

:overyourhead:

EllisUnit
07-06-2013, 10:12 AM
:overyourhead:

No you said he had a point on his excuse to under throwing guys. Pretty sure its just cause he cant over throw them.

Oh well either way i think we can all agree Schaub may be the biggest thing thats holding this team back.

thunderkyss
07-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Oh well either way i think we can all agree Schaub may be the biggest thing thats holding this team back.

Nope.... I think it's that guy on the side lines with the perfect hair.

Then Schaub, but not because of his noodle arm or his lack of mobility.

EllisUnit
07-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Nope.... I think it's that guy on the side lines with the perfect hair.

Then Schaub, but not because of his noodle arm or his lack of mobility.

I think that Kubiaks lack of creativity is a problem i agree, but i do not think he is holding us back as bad as Schaub is. To me Kubiak can dominate games as long as his game plan isnt disrupted, kind of like Schaubs pick 6 against cincy last season. Or whenever we got far behind in NE during both games, his failure to adjust and adapt is a big flaw. No doubt.

thunderkyss
07-06-2013, 10:48 AM
I think that Kubiaks lack of creativity is a problem i agree, but i do not think he is holding us back as bad as Schaub is.

If we win the Super Bowl in 2013 the way people look at these two is going to totally flip. Much like Joe Flacco.

There was a time when I thought this team was being put together to win multiple Super Bowls & Schaub & Kubiak were part of that. Jj Watt & Wade Phillips only strengthen my beliefs.

My problem with Kubiak is that he's got his head too far up his hind quarters (I say this believing 2012 was Kubiak's best year as a HC) I think he correctly identified that the team was too tight & needed to let go & play football. The problem, though, is that they were playing tight because of the way he ran the team for 3/4 of the season.

If he focuses on letting them play loose next season & not so much on not making mistakes I don't think anyone can stop us from winning it all.

EllisUnit
07-06-2013, 11:24 AM
If we win the Super Bowl in 2013 the way people look at these two is going to totally flip. Much like Joe Flacco.

There was a time when I thought this team was being put together to win multiple Super Bowls & Schaub & Kubiak were part of that. Jj Watt & Wade Phillips only strengthen my beliefs.

My problem with Kubiak is that he's got his head too far up his hind quarters (I say this believing 2012 was Kubiak's best year as a HC) I think he correctly identified that the team was too tight & needed to let go & play football. The problem, though, is that they were playing tight because of the way he ran the team for 3/4 of the season.

If he focuses on letting them play loose next season & not so much on not making mistakes I don't think anyone can stop us from winning it all.

and i agree with that, we could of been #1 seed had Kubes not played scared the final 4 games. He did like he does in games with a lead he let off the reings and that is not a good mentality to have.

Insideop
07-10-2013, 01:44 AM
I get tired of hearing about all of his potential. He needs to step up this year and establish himself as the solid #3 receiver - if not at least challenge for the #2.

You may get your wish. Just saw this article over at the Texans web site about Jean and all the hard work he's putting in. Looks like Kubes is noticing improvement too. http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Lestar-Jean-relishing-chance-to-compete-for-time-at-WR/a7087295-a529-4c9b-8127-61fab170671e

badboy
07-10-2013, 01:43 PM
You may get your wish. Just saw this article over at the Texans web site about Jean and all the hard work he's putting in. Looks like Kubes is noticing improvement too. http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Lestar-Jean-relishing-chance-to-compete-for-time-at-WR/a7087295-a529-4c9b-8127-61fab170671eHe is really good preseason but needs to carry on in September.

EllisUnit
07-10-2013, 06:46 PM
You may get your wish. Just saw this article over at the Texans web site about Jean and all the hard work he's putting in. Looks like Kubes is noticing improvement too. http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Lestar-Jean-relishing-chance-to-compete-for-time-at-WR/a7087295-a529-4c9b-8127-61fab170671e

That highlight although not the most impressive shows that Jean has the physical size and ability to be a play maker in this league. Big enough, fast enough if he can put it all together then he could be a damn good WR. I felt the same way about Dorin Dickerson though, although i am much more impressed with jean.

Insideop
07-11-2013, 07:20 AM
He is really good preseason but needs to carry on in September.

I know most here think of him that way, with good reason, but I think last year he showed us some promise during the season. I know last year was his 2nd in the league but technically it was really his rookie season since the 1st he spent on IR. I think Kubes was "spoon feeding" him, along with Martin and Posey, waiting for them to develop as route runners and blockers, catching only a few passes here and there. It's too bad Posey had to get hurt near the end of the season. He was probably going to be one of the main WR's this year and definitely ahead of Jean and Martin. Now, I'm not sure when or even if he plays this season. But this should open up more opportunities for Jean and Martin. I guess only time and games played will tell. I'm hoping both will do well this season along with Hopkins.

badboy
07-12-2013, 10:43 PM
I know most here think of him that way, with good reason, but I think last year he showed us some promise during the season. I know last year was his 2nd in the league but technically it was really his rookie season since the 1st he spent on IR. I think Kubes was "spoon feeding" him, along with Martin and Posey, waiting for them to develop as route runners and blockers, catching only a few passes here and there. It's too bad Posey had to get hurt near the end of the season. He was probably going to be one of the main WR's this year and definitely ahead of Jean and Martin. Now, I'm not sure when or even if he plays this season. But this should open up more opportunities for Jean and Martin. I guess only time and games played will tell. I'm hoping both will do well this season along with Hopkins.I also would like to see Jean step up. However, I disagree Kubiak was spoon feeding him. I think Gary was looking for another option for MS and no one stepped up. The long TD was great but nothing much after. I will be rooting for him.

DocBar
07-13-2013, 12:22 AM
That highlight although not the most impressive shows that Jean has the physical size and ability to be a play maker in this league. Big enough, fast enough if he can put it all together then he could be a damn good WR. I felt the same way about Dorin Dickerson though, although i am much more impressed with jean.See also David Boston. With a much higher draft pick. Just sayin that Jean has much more upside at this stage.

Texan_Touchdown
07-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Kubiak holds on WR's longer I think so QB develop chemistry on the field. But LeStar Jean.. IDK he may be around this year but next year he's probably gone. IMO he just hasn't done enough for me. Not many chances.