PDA

View Full Version : Packers CEO: We want Brett Favre back in the family

Double Barrel
05-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Packers CEO: We want Brett Favre back in the family

A reunion between Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers is on the horizon.

Speaking at a team event on Tuesday, Packers president and CEO Mark Murphy provided further evidence the path is being cleared for the retired quarterback's return to Lambeau Field.

"We want to have (Favre) back in the family," Murphy told FOXSportsWisconsin.com.

----------------------------------

It stands to reason we're headed for Brett Favre Day at Lambeau sometime in the 2013 season. No. 4 will be retired, and Favre will give a speech that oozes good ol' boy charm. It will be cold outside. Adults wearing hats shaped as cheese products will cry. Their kids will wonder who the old guy with the gray hair is.

They'll be told it's The Ol' Gunslinger. Childlike wonder will ensue.

Full story (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000202007/article/packers-ceo-we-want-brett-favre-back-in-the-family)

:friends:

Say Watt
05-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Good. My hatred for the guy has worn off a bit now that we are no longer being bombarded with "retirement" coverage of the old geezer, so this is good news. Brett Favre is and always will be a Packer. I'd like to wash any memories of him in a Jets of Vikings uniform from my brain; this is the first step in allowing that to happen.

b0ng
05-15-2013, 04:47 PM
He was pretty damn good on the Vikings in 2009. Unfortunately that was the last gasp of a legendary career.

thunderkyss
05-15-2013, 04:53 PM
I was a big fan of Bret's.... well, not a fan but I respected him as a person & a player.

Until that penisexting thing. Personally, I would cut ties.

Thorn
05-15-2013, 05:46 PM
And I was just getting used to no more Favre threads. :smiliepalm:

Fred
05-15-2013, 06:21 PM

Don't expect him to kiss and make up with the Pack just yet. He will try to milk 6 or 8 years out of this. "Will 2017 be the year Favre rejoins the Packer family??? Maybe!!! Stay tuned!!!"

gg no re
05-15-2013, 06:46 PM
Don't expect him to kiss and make up with the Pack just yet. He will try to milk 6 or 8 years out of this. "Will 2017 be the year Favre rejoins the Packer family??? Maybe!!! Stay tuned!!!"

I expect there to be a huge misunderstanding when Favre mishears about the next Packer stock offering.

Playoffs
05-15-2013, 06:57 PM
It's time. Go home Brett. Hug it out with Aaron.

Go hang with Bart Starr and Don Hutson and Vince. ( Be careful of Nitchskie.)

Double Barrel
05-16-2013, 10:14 AM

I had you in mind when I posted this story. :winky:

Thorn
05-16-2013, 11:01 AM
I had you in mind when I posted this story. :winky:

touché LOL

kingtexan
05-16-2013, 12:41 PM
He was pretty damn good on the Vikings in 2009. Unfortunately that was the last gasp of a legendary career.

He should have went to the SB that year. The refs looked the other way as NO went full on "bounty" on him, or he would have most likely won his second ring.

ObsiWan
05-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Well, it was nice while it lasted.