Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Post-Draft 53 Man Roster Predictions

Okay my friends, who, out of all the '24 draftees do YOU hope turns into our next pro bowler?
I am confident Lassiter turns into a starter by seasons end and I also think Calen Bullock turns into a fixture in the back end of the defense, but for me, the most valuable player, I hope, is Blake Fisher.
If he can turn into our starting RT, man, that would be golden.

Okay my friends, who, out of all the '24 draftees do YOU hope turns into our next pro bowler?
I am confident Lassiter turns into a starter by seasons end and I also think Calen Bullock turns into a fixture in the back end of the defense, but for me, the most valuable player, I hope, is Blake Fisher.
If he can turn into our starting RT, man, that would be golden.
He actually started as a LT at Notre Dame before he was injured and Alt took his spot away. So I would say LT = golden, RT = Silver, but we'd be fortunate either way.

I'm interested in the bottom of our WR room. You typically keep 6 right?

Diggs, Collins, and Dell are obviously 100% in. Noah Brown also feels like a roster lock, he's clearly shown he can play. So that leaves a couple of spots open with Woods, Hutch, and Metchie competing for the last 2 spots. Odd man out there really has to be Woods right? I get he's a nice vet presence but he was a nonfactor last year.

Speaking of Metchie I feel like the writing is on the wall for him. He'll likely make the roster this year but I don't see a path to him producing much without a couple of major WR injuries. Maybe if he makes the roster next year he can compete for WR3 but that seems like the ceiling at this point.

I'm interested in the bottom of our WR room. You typically keep 6 right?

Diggs, Collins, and Dell are obviously 100% in. Noah Brown also feels like a roster lock, he's clearly shown he can play. So that leaves a couple of spots open with Woods, Hutch, and Metchie competing for the last 2 spots. Odd man out there really has to be Woods right? I get he's a nice vet presence but he was a nonfactor last year.

Speaking of Metchie I feel like the writing is on the wall for him. He'll likely make the roster this year but I don't see a path to him producing much without a couple of major WR injuries. Maybe if he makes the roster next year he can compete for WR3 but that seems like the ceiling at this point.

I don't pretend to speak with insider information, but in listening to the way Nick and DeMeco speak about Metchie, they are going to give him every opportunity and then some to come back from an awful medical situation.

Also, there is a chance that Nico and/or Diggs are not with the team after this season. Just can't assume the Big 3 receivers are entrenched for anything other than the next 20 games.

I don't pretend to speak with insider information, but in listening to the way Nick and DeMeco speak about Metchie, they are going to give him every opportunity and then some to come back from an awful medical situation.

Also, there is a chance that Nico and/or Diggs are not with the team after this season. Just can't assume the Big 3 receivers are entrenched for anything other than the next 20 games.

I’m fairly certain Diggs will be gone after this year and Nico is back (assuming he plays as well as last year) but that’s why I said Metchie may have the opportunity to compete for the #3 spot. But we’re running short on years left on his contract and I’m not even sure if he’ll have much chance to prove himself on the field.

I’m fairly certain Diggs will be gone after this year and Nico is back (assuming he plays as well as last year) but that’s why I said Metchie may have the opportunity to compete for the #3 spot. But we’re running short on years left on his contract and I’m not even sure if he’ll have much chance to prove himself on the field.

Don't disagree in terms of time left on contact and what he can prove before then. But he has two years left and a fully healthy Metchie is more talented than veterans Brown or Woods or a 6th rounder in X.

Back