Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Ojabo tried to conservatively rehab a partially torn ACL last season. After 2 months, rehab failed leading to the need for surgical repair. I don't know who advised him, but conservative treatment for a partial ACL tear in an elite NFL athlete is virtually never successful. I certainly wouldn't put any of my money on Ojabo this season.

******************************************************************************************************

Ravens expect to have David Ojabo back sometime in training camp
By Josh Alper
Published May 31, 2024 07:53 AM

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh provided an update on edge rusher David Ojabo’s return from a partially torn ACL on Thursday.

Ojabo suffered the injury last September and had season-ending surgery in November, so it’s no surprise that he has not been cleared for football activities at this point. Harbaugh said that the current timeline has the team expecting to get the 2022 second-rounder back on the field at training camp this summer.

“His timeline, I believe, is somewhere in training camp,” Ojabo said, via the team’s website. “It won’t be minicamp, but it’s at some point in time once we get back for training camp.”

Ojabo tore his Achilles while training for the draft and only played two games as a rookie before his three-game cameo last season. The Ravens could use a longer run in the lineup for a player who is seen as a big part of their pass rushing plans in 2024.

I love the game..............but I'm sick of the money-grubbing NFL.........

American fans have very little interest in a London Super Bowl
By Mike Florio
Published May 31, 2024 11:58 AM

The NFL from time to time floats the possibility of a London Super Bowl. The mayor of London recently said his city wants to do that.

American football fans are not interested.

An X poll with three options — love it, hate it, and don’t care either way — has only 7.5 percent in the “love it” category.
Of more than 25,000 (so far) who responded, 73.6 percent “hate it.”

It’s hard to imagine it ever happening, especially with no NFL teams in London or anywhere beyond the U.S. It would be like America hosting the World Cup without having a national soccer team.

And it’s unclear whether it would accelerate the NFL’s global aspirations. Maybe it would, because the NFL would use the eventual London Super Bowl as a way to endlessly market the game from the moment its awarded until the confetti falls.
Regardless, American fans don’t like it. At the end of the day, however, what will we do? Not watch it?

That’s the problem. Even if/when the NFL pushes us to our limits and beyond, our only alternative is to deprive ourselves of something we love. Most of us won’t do it.

I love the game..............but I'm sick of the money-grubbing NFL.........

American fans have very little interest in a London Super Bowl
By Mike Florio
Published May 31, 2024 11:58 AM

The NFL from time to time floats the possibility of a London Super Bowl. The mayor of London recently said his city wants to do that.

American football fans are not interested.

An X poll with three options — love it, hate it, and don’t care either way — has only 7.5 percent in the “love it” category.
Of more than 25,000 (so far) who responded, 73.6 percent “hate it.”

It’s hard to imagine it ever happening, especially with no NFL teams in London or anywhere beyond the U.S. It would be like America hosting the World Cup without having a national soccer team.

And it’s unclear whether it would accelerate the NFL’s global aspirations. Maybe it would, because the NFL would use the eventual London Super Bowl as a way to endlessly market the game from the moment its awarded until the confetti falls.
Regardless, American fans don’t like it. At the end of the day, however, what will we do? Not watch it?

That’s the problem. Even if/when the NFL pushes us to our limits and beyond, our only alternative is to deprive ourselves of something we love. Most of us won’t do it.
The NFL doesn't give a crap about the fans.

From everything I've seen and heard over the past few months, Tua has lost much more weight than what has been reported. No one is talking about it, but the weight he had gained last year placed substantial additional stress on his surgically repaired hip. In his quest for greater mobility, I believe that he has opened up the door for significant durability issues. As the famous French philosopher/writer Voltaire once wrote, "the enemy of good is perfection."

******************************************************************************************************************************

Noticeably thinner Tua Tagovailoa shows up for promotional event
Published May 31, 2024 11:06 PM

His head coach called him “svelte.” He looks downright skinny.

Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa supposedly loss 10-15 pounds this offseason. Perhaps that’s accurate — in one of his legs.
Via Jenna Lemoncelli of the New York Post, Tagovailoa showed up for an event on Friday looking noticeably thinner.

Click the link and scroll through the photos. Yes, the length of the hair on his hair and lack of hair on his face make him look different. But he looks very, very thin.

Some on social media wondered if it was even him.

He’s officially listed as six-one, 227 pounds. Those photos do not suggest 227 pounds. He might be flirting with dipping under 200 pounds.

There’s a very real balance to strike when it comes to quarterback size. The natural body armor protects a player against the kind of hits he’ll take from much larger defensive players. And while lack of size contributes to speed and elusiveness, no player can run away from every possible hit. And when those hits happen, the extra weight protects the parts of the body that could get injured.

Football is Newtonian physics gone haywire. Bodies flying and colliding and reacting to the forces applied to them. Remember the Week 4 game in 2022? Tua was whipsawed to the ground by a Bengals defender, hard enough that his head snapped back and struck the turf, resulting in a concussion that had Tua taken from the field on a stretcher and transported straight to a local hospital.

Last year, when he was larger than the year before, he made it through 17 regular-season games and a playoff game. This year, there will be an enhanced risk given his reduced mass.

The risk extends beyond the field. Will the Dolphins feel comfortable giving him the kind of contract he’s seeking? He might have to put some of that armor back on his body before training camp opens to make owner Stephen Ross feel comfortable with giving the green light to a long-term deal that approaches market level.

Back